What We Believe
OUR MISSION STATEMENT:
Our mission as the Fisherman’s Net Church is to be a valuable part of the spread of God’s word in Southeast Michigan.
A place where the broken can come and become whole through God’s word and the Holy Spirit.
A place where believers can be groomed to maturity in Jesus Christ and sent out to recover the lost.
A place our children can learn of the gift of salvation and begin their spiritual walk with Jesus Christ.
The Fisherman’s Net is a Bible-based church focused on communicating the Gospel in every facet of life to portray God’s love to us, His children. Below are excerpts from scripture that affirm our faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible Word of God – II Peter 1:21
- We believe the Godhead consists of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit – II Cor.13:14
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, in His Virgin birth, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father – I Tim.3:16
- We believe in evangelistic and missionary fervor and endeavor – Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15-18
- We believe in salvation through the redeeming blood of Christ only – Heb.9:2
- We believe in sanctification, holiness of heart and love for the Bridegroom as scriptural requirements for the Bride of Christ – Eph.5:25-27, John 3:29
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit in and through every believer as manifested in ministry, which are the gifts of the Spirit (Eph.4:11), (I Cor.12:8-11), and the fruit of the Spirit (Gal.5:22-23)
- We believe that divine healing is obtained on the basis of Atonement – I Peter 2:24
- We believe in Christ’s imminent personal return in power and great glory, in His millenial reign and in His everlasting dominion – Acts: 1:11, Rev.20:4, Dan.7:14
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment – John 5:28-29, Rev.20:15